Living Free in the Spirit of Christ

Free The Church

The Works of Watchman Nee

Watchman Nee was a chinese believer at the turn of the 20th century who was instrumental in the house church movement in China today. He died in prison under the communist regime.

Watchman Nee (pinyin: Ní Tuòsh?ng;, 1903-1972) became a Christian in 1920 at the age of 17 and began writing in the same year. In 1921, he met the British missionary M. E. Barber, who was a great influence on him. Through Miss Barber, Nee was introduced to many of the Christian writings which were to have a profound influence on him and his teachings. Watchman Nee has written the most insightful books on true spirituality.

It should be noted that his early works are his best works. The writings from the end of his life made demands to submission to human authorities to be equivalent to God Himself. This controlling spirit was brought to the United States by his disciple, Witness Lee, who established cultic communities in southern California and other parts of the country. The works provided below are from the early period. If you want to read the cultic works of Watchman they are available from Living Streams Ministries at the end of their list.

The complete works of Watchman Nee are in HTML format
at Living Streams Ministries. The
volumes below were converted to PDF format for
complete download and easier reading. Watchman Nee
has some of the best works on genuine Christian
discipleship and in following the Spirit.

The Spiritual Man” is the most comprehensive
treatise on how to follow the Holy Spirit in the New
Birth. The book should be read in the order that
Watchman Nee has written for the most benefit in
understanding.

• The Spiritual Man Volume I

(PDF 884 KB)
    Volume 1 deals with the need of cross in
    crucifying the flesh so as to follow the
    spirit.

• The Spiritual Man Volume II

(PDF 1.04MB)

Volume 2 deals with detailed understanding of
    the human spirit and what the normal state of the
    regenerated spirit should be.

• The Spiritual Man Volume III

(PDF 938 KB)
    Volume 3 deals with the importance of the soul
    and the need for renewing of the mind to be a
    spiritual man.

• The Breaking of the Outer Man & the Release of
    the Spirit

(PDF 503KB)
    This is an excellent follow ups to the Spiritual
    Man. After understanding what it means to be a
    spiritual man, this next book explains the work of
    God in our lives to free us in the Spirit.

• The Ministry of God’s Word

(PDF 1.23MB)
    The purpose in sharing God’s Word is to share
    the life of Jesus Christ by His Spirit, not
    homiletics. A spiritual minister who has been
    broken by the Lord will speak the words of the
    Lord.

• The Latent Power of the Soul

(PDF 216KB)
    Professional clergy who rely on homiletics are
    in danger sharing a carnal ministry that relies on
    the power of persuasion which is drawn from their
    soul and not the Spirit.

• The Normal Christian Church Life

(PDF 800KB)

The format of church gathering as we know it is
    not biblical. The biblical church had no pastor as
    we know today, although there were pastors. Rather
    the church gathering was a body ministry of
    everyone’s contribution by the Spirit.

• How to Study the Bible
    (PDF 618 KB>

78 to “The Works of Watchman Nee”

1. Christie A Ryker says:

Good day, I’m looking for the ebook “Renewal of the mind” by Watchman Nee. I have over 50 hardcopies of his books. I have never seen this one in print. Please help.
    Christie

2. Alexander says:

I sorry, I have not seen that one. Good luck.

3. Ken says:

feel I should also add my thought concerning W.Nee. I came to know about him when I read a book written by Rebecca Brown md, how books for Nee were used to deliver a person who was deep in occult satanism. The only problem I ve seen in us believers is we love ordinary teachings,if one tries to go deeper in spiritual understanding we label them. I believe if you ask Gods spirit to help you understand Nees writings you will understand them, but if read with a canal mind you find a lot of errors.He was a really soldier of christ, don’t try to compare him any other preacher because the ministries and calling are different, its like comparing Moses to Joshua or paul to peter. God really used this man to help us with a lot of spiritual insight.

4. Alexander says:

Agreed. I, too, have read Rebecca Brown’s works. I still have, “He Came to Set the Captives Free” on my bookshelf.

5. Adrian says:

Thank you for the mighty blessing of making these publications available in a digital format. I purchased my first Watchman Nee book 40 years ago – Living Sacrifice. His work “The Spiritual Man” is a monument to his deep and profound walk with Yahweh and Yashua. Nee’s works shed great light on the “narrow and difficult” path we must walk in our quest for full truth, salvation and a deep revelation of our Abba Father. Bless you for your gracious services to us!!

6. Melinda says:

THE RENEWING
    OF THE MIND by Watchman Nee, can be found here:

7. Ana Rivas says:

Thank you so much for making these publications available for us to learn and broaden our understanding. It is the first time that I will be reading Watchman Nee’s books. May God bless your ministry. Blessings in Christ!

8. Alexander says:

You are welcome.

9. Paul Widmark says:

Here it is : Christie A Ryker says:
    June 25, 2015 at 5:07 am
    Christie

Alexander says:
    June 25, 2015 at 8:13 am
    I sorry, I have not seen that one. Good luck.

10. Harold Thompson Richeys says:

These books are a blessing to the church today and are very much more relevant to us now. I am really blessed to have them. Thank you

11. Alexander says:

You’re welcome. I am glad you appreciate the library.

12. T.Ramesh says:

I’m very satisfied with watchmanee books.I received deliverance from wrong teachings and I want to read all of watchmanee books.

13. Alexander says:

Not all his books are good. In his later years he became much more controlling and authoritarian which is evident in those later writings.

14. Ravi Xavier says:

Surely I agree with your said.

15. EZEKIEL S.O says:

I NEED PDF FORM OF WATCHMAN NEE ON WHAT SHALL THIS MAN DO

16. Alexander says:

Sorry, I don’t have that.

17. pstr david mahlangu says:

I was introduced to watchman nees books by a friend pstr ever sience after knowing the deeper help in his books now im teaching the church im pastoring

18. Minister Maxine Fox says:

I had the book but I am not sure where it is now and would live to read and get knowledge of the word of God. Thank you so much. Agape Shalom.

19. Watchman Nee has been mistakenly described as a for authoritarian and controlling. What readers must keep in mind, is that his books were translated from Chinese notes of his sermons and teachings. And of course the carnal mind is enmity against God. Anytime it is preached that complete and full obedience to God is scriptural, the carnal mind is instantly against that word of God. Of course many of his followers did not have the wisdom to lead as servants and not tyrants. Watchman Nee, unlike witness Lee did not Pastor a flock… He was more of an apostle and evangelist. Of course the word of God is viewed as authoritarian! What the carnal mind once to excuse the Flash in order not to believe that it is possible… With man it is impossible but With God all things are possible! To completely come out of the world system would seem to be cultic and separatist, and that is why people will not completely agree with these teachings,
    but they are biblical!

20. Alexander says:

Thank you Steven for your thoughts. In my own reading, such authoritarian tones do not appear until his much later writings. But the amount of good in his writing far out weighs what is bad.

21. Darryl says:

I have over 70 of Nee’s books in print form. I have appreciated his writings over the last 40 or so years. Is there any chance of his books ever being available in mobi or epub format? That would be a tremendous help to believers. Another christian author I appreciate is T.Austin Sparks and all of his works are free in mobi and epub. Only eternity will reveal the impact of the lives of these two men.

22. Alexander says:

I agree with you Darryl. Some of Nee’s books have copyrights on them still. The disciples of Witness Lee have a website called, Living Streams Ministries, have most of his works online in HTML format. For the books I have on my website, I copied them from the HTML then cross referenced with my print copies before making them PDF format. Try their website for more of his books in electronic format.

23. Barbara Schwartz says:

My name is Barbara Schwartz- my husband Steve is the director of 19 bible-based Ministries. In our library we used to have the spiritual man as one of the favorites and right now we don’t have any so we were wondering how we could go about getting a few for our centers. We would be more than happy to make a donation or even if this is not possible, where would you recommend me purchasing this book online as we have no Christian book stores available within a 150-mile radius!! We are a nonprofit organization so if you could steer me in a direction where I could get the best deal that would be great! God Bless you & Thank you for your time. Barbara Schwartz -Mission Teens, Inc./ Mission Bible Training Center- Gaastra, MI

24. Alexander says:

I do not accept donations since the Gospel is a free gift from God. Freely we received and freely we give. The entire 3 volumes are online in my website library as PDF E-books for free. If you want to buy paperback copies, you can buy it online through Amazon.

25. mark says:

pleas send me opy of of watchman nee the spiritual man and one copy of spiritual authority.my e mail is markwallegham@hotmail.com.

26. Alexander says:

There is no need to send these. Simply download them from my library.

27. Bolaji says:

I have it send me your email on bjyisa@gmail.com